Ronald McDonald House
The Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill is a beacon of hope for families experiencing what may be one of the worst times they will ever know.
From a warm place to rest to something more meaningful, like a community of people who know how they feel, who can share their experiences and support during the tough times, the Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill is a place where family and community flourish. Here, everybody helps, reaches out to one another to offer the kind of caring found only in one special place. Here, families connect. Here, friendships are forged and lasting memories are made. Here, hope is part of every day.
Each year, The Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill provides over 2,000 families with seriously ill or injured children the basic necessities and comforts of home so that they can focus on caring for a sick child. The House offers:
- 29 hotel-style guest rooms each with private bathroom
- A fully stocked kitchen and pantry
- A home-cooked meal provided every evening and breakfast on the weekends, provided 365 days a year by volunteer groups
- A comfortable home with a living room, a children's playroom, library, family TV room and Teen Room complete with video games
- Areas of outdoor respite such as our herb and healing garden, children's playground and butterfly garden
- A Healing Arts program comprised of evening activities designed for the well-being of the entire family