Ronald McDonald House
The Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill is a beacon of hope for families experiencing what may be one of the worst times they will ever know.
From a warm place to rest to something more meaningful, like a community of people who know how they feel, who can share their experiences and support during the tough times, the Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill is a place where family and community flourish. Here, everybody helps, reaches out to one another to offer the kind of caring found only in one special place. Here, families connect. Here, friendships are forged and lasting memories are made. Here, hope is part of every day.
Each year, The Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill provides over 2,000 families with seriously ill or injured children the basic necessities and comforts of home so that they can focus on caring for a sick child. The House offers:
- 29 hotel-style guest rooms each with private bathroom
- A fully stocked kitchen and pantry
- A home-cooked meal provided every evening and breakfast on the weekends, provided 365 days a year by volunteer groups
- A comfortable home with a living room, a children's playroom, library, family TV room and Teen Room complete with video games
- Areas of outdoor respite such as our herb and healing garden, children's playground and butterfly garden
- A Healing Arts program comprised of evening activities designed for the well-being of the entire family
If you have a child who is currently being seen by a pediatric doctor and live more than 35-miles away from Chapel Hill you may request a room by talking with a nurse, social worker or doctor at the Hospital. Click on link above to learn more about staying at the Chapel Hill House.
The Healing Arts Program is designed to provide stress-relief and diversion from long days spent at the hospital and includes nightly, fun and relaxing activities for the families staying at the House. Click the link above to learn more.
We hold an annual remembrance gathering in honor of the children who pass each year. This is held in our Butterfly Garden, and is planned on the same day as the Hospital Memorial service, on the first Saturday of June. Guest families who have lost a child in the past 12 months are...
There are over 300 Ronald McDonald Houses in 30 countries and regions. Click above to find one.